Q2 FAL list!!

Well folks, it's that time of year again! Time for my FAL list! I've spent the week debating on what was going to make the list and what i really felt was just going to be on there with delusions of getting done. My list is a biggie again, and i know that i won't finish it all. Who am i kidding, i'll be lucky to finish half of it! But you never know right, so i'll link it up just in case!

So, shall we get started?

#1. My AMH Gypsy Wife quilt. I am so in love with this quilt! I've yet to post a picture of the finished top and i probably won't until it's completely finished. Next to my family only one other person has seen the whole thing together! I'm hand quilting the whole thing and if you're interested in sneak peaks now and then follow me on Instagram, (@snippets101) that's where most of my pics are!


#2. My Tula Pink picnic quilt. Long overdue! This is just a shot of the top, it's already about half quilted. I WILL use this for picnics this summer!


#3. Washi Swoon. I have some of the backing fabric for this one, just need to pick up some more, make the back, quilt and bind... this one is also long overdue. I've lost count of the number of FAL lists i've put it on.


#4. 23 Modern D9P. Really, where do all these quilt tops come from?! Going to attempt to finish this one this quarter as well. We'll see.


#5. I recently pulled out my Penny Sampler again and made up a few blocks. I have the entire bottom row of diamonds still to make, as well as a few assorted 6 inch blocks to get the top finished up. Then to decide how to quilt.


#6.This little mini churn dash was a project in the Penny Sampler class. I've made all the churn dashes and just need to fill in the blank spots with some fussy cuts. This one's a small one and i should be able to get it finished up. ahem. I may have said that the last FAL list i put it on. This is the quarter!! I will finish it! Maybe!


#7.Yep, that's right! I'm pulling out the Indian Summer blocks!! I don't know if i'll actually get time to work on them, let alone finish the quilt. But a girl can dream right?


#8. Again, another rollover from lists past. My sew and go organizer. I have everything i need to finish this, and yet it still sits, unfinished. No excuse. This has to get done.


#9. Ah, my gorgeous AMH Little Folks voile hexies. The quilt has been axed and now the hexies need a new home. I'm thinking of pairing them with some natural linen and making some zip pouches for my shop.


#10. This one is a partial rollover from my last quarter list. My plan was to make pillow cases out of the Dowry prints and pillow shams out of the Field Study velveteen. Well, the pillow cases got done - see here - but i thought i'd try tacking the velveteen up in the bedroom window to see if i would like it as drapes. Turns out i love it! So much so that it's still tacked ghetto style in our bedroom window. I really need to actually make the drapes.


#11.Time for something new! I've finally cut into my precious Melody Miller phones and will be making Amy Butler's Weekender Bag! This is my second Weekender and i'm hoping to refresh my memory before making a pieced/QAYG one.


#12. I really shouldn't have to put this one om my list, it should have been finished last week for my little sister's bday. She asked if i could make her a new duffel bag for the gym. So of course it needs to be AMH linen right? Such pretty fabric. I threw in the zip pouch thinking that she could use it to hold her jewelry and what not, then just toss it in the duffel!


#13. And lucky thirteen is reserved for the six Ellie Travel Cases i have on the go. Two for my boys, three for the shop and one is a gift!


So, that's it! No problem right, i got this! I don't need to sleep at all in the next three months. Sleeping is for amateurs!

Linking up last minute with our lovely host Katy, over at The Littlest Thistle.

High fives for my crazy list!
xo nicole


Comments

  1. What a great list! So many great projects. I can't wait to see how you do with these ambitious goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be a busy lady! That is a lot of very lovely projects to work on. If I lived any closer I would totally come raid your scraps for some of those tula pink drops! I had a dream like a year ago about frogs that had those tula rain drops on them and I've been a little obsessed with them since. Picnic season is coming up! Get'er done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooo-haaaa, sleeping is for amateurs, ha ha ha !!!
    I love all of your projects. You have such a terrific colour sense!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cole!!! You pulled out some moldy oldies I had forgotten about like the washi swoon!!! And I am so happy you have pulled out Indian Summer...I've always wondered what that one would grow up to be :). You totally got this and I might wager that you finish 75% of that list... If you don't start anything new!!! I have a lot of faith in you!!!! I am 100% positive Gypsy Wife will be finished this quarter and would put down serious money on that bet!!! Do not cut up those hexies!!!!! How much do you want for them? I want to buy them!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice variety Nicole! :-) Good luck! I suggest you don't start any new projects this quarter, he he.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I missed a whole bunch of those tops - they are all gorgeous! Whether you finish them all or not, you're going to have some amazing finishes this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Just looking at your projects makes me want to run away. We have a similar one, the Sarah Jane Churn Dash, I'm calling it, because apparently that's what most people are doing with their SJ fabric :) I wish you luck and speedy sewing, I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an ambitious one. I'm here to cheer ya on! Go, Girl! I really can't wait to see all of these finishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have more projects that me!! Yay!! I feel less crazy for having so many irons in the fire. Goign to have some amazing things when you're all done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! I love your Penny Sampler and can't wait to see more of your gypsy when its done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! You have some pretty massive projects on the go love you fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. high fives, yes! and I hope you make some good headway into that list as well as get some sleep. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love ithem, I love all of your projects! And the colours! That Tula picnic quilt is amazing! You are going to be one busy lady, but you can do it! Except for the curtains. I think you should leave them ghetto style hehe ;) ( and at least it's pretty material instead of a cheesy Canadian flag blanket, like my neighbours) I'm glad you got your list posted and can't wait to see your finishes! Good luck, you're going to rock this quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. High Tens for this amazing list of projects Sista! All are gorgeous, and I think your plan for your abandoned hexies is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You've got a lot awesomeness going on! Your sneak peeks of the Gypsy Wife look AMAZING. I definitely recommend the bottom row of diamonds for the Penny Sampler; I didn't put them on, and I regret it now. I think it finishes the quilt in a nice way. I'm afraid of the weekender - I'll live vicariously through you. The Aeroplane Bag by Sew Sweetness was a nice first step for me, but I have a few more to take before I can take on Ms. Butler's weekender.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was happily sucked into your blog from Pinterest and have already spent way too much time looking at your lovelies. First of all, congratulations for your Sewvivor win! I loved all your entries and, without seeing the other contributions, feel you were the hands down champion. However, what led me to post a comment was the above FAL - - my absolute favorite is your Indian Summer. I can totally understand why it has not been finished with all your other work however, it is worthy of being moved to the top of your list. Absent that and if you are tired of it being in your WIP or UFOs, I would happily take it off your hands. Just let me know if I can lighten your load - - Seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts