Focus...

 It's all about focus. This is the current state of my design wall, and i can say with utmost certainty that i'm having an incredibly hard time focusing.


My poor neglected hexies have been getting no love, the Amy Butler HST's were just an exercise in making something with what i had (the HST's were left over from a previous quilt, my first HST quilt actually!) They are both going to be turned into pillows. The star on the bottom left is the start of a Christmas present and i have to say, it's already going to be hard for me to give this one up! (more on this one at a later date!) All the bits and pieces of my Penny Sampler. Newest are the hanging diamonds on the left, i still need to sketch stitch a bit on this one, all the little plus blocks and the snowflake block.
I love my snowflake block! Shades of grey and my favorite Constellations print = perfect :)


I'm a touch behind on my Penny Sampler and i desperately want to be working on those little churn dashes,


But i need to focus. I have way too many projects on the go that need to be finished up and out my door! So for today, with the littles gone, i'm able to tackle the number one project on my FAL list
My mom's RtT quilt and i'm quite pleased to say that as of right now... i'm halfway through quilting!


This one will be finished in time for the link up!! So on that note, i'm off to finish quilting before my guys get home!

High fives for finding some focus! (for now anyway, those churn dashes are calling to me!)
xo snips

Linking up with the mahvelous Kristy who is guest hosting for Lee over at Freshly Pieced!

Comments

  1. There is so much amazing on that wall! The hexies bordered with the blue AMH pastry (I think??) fabric are gorgeous. As for your shades of blue star, totally loving that. No wonder you're distracted! Can't wait to see your Mom's quilt when finished, it looks very cosy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting looks like its going well! I have a million things I want to start and quite a few that need to be finished...yep need to focus. I'm so looking forward to having a few more things ticked off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High fives for focus!! I think if I had that design board I would just stare at it and get nothing done, it is so pretty!! Maybe you should connect all those blocks and call it done! Noooo, it needs the little churn dashes! Eye catching work as always Nicole!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think I would be struggling to focus too with so many gorgeous things on my design wall! Your Penny Sampler is looking amazing - very cool and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha I know exactly how you feel! Get a few off the list and you'll feel better. Your sampler is looking fabulous! I love the snowflake block too. I'll definitely revisit that one in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really neat to see your Penny Sampler blocks all together. You have less yellow than I remember from your original fabric pull. Did you decide to slant more in the blue/gray direction? In any case it is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a list like that, but it isnt hanging so nice and pretty. Hope you get to where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered why you were being so quiet...you're super busy! Love all that craziness on the design wall. Sometimes the only thing that gets done is the thing you actually want to do :)

    That snowflake block is a show stopper. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your design wall makes me so happy, so many great projects! I still haven't started the Penny Sampler! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design wall!!! I can definitely see why it is hard to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much pretty happening! Loving your colour choices - what a happy design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's easy to see why you're having trouble focusing with all of that awesomeness staring you in the face! Love that snowflake block too! Something about the grays makes it look so graceful.

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I had that much gorgeous fabric hanging out on my design wall, I would be having trouble focusing as well! Just remember to breathe, keep you head down and power through!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Focus always eludes me! Love your snowflake block :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the Christmas present to be. I'm looking forward to read some more about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! Maybe it's because the bloglovin' framed just the Penny Sampler blocks, but I was thinking you WERE pretty focused coming into this post ;) And even after seeing the mish mash I'm still thinking you're pretty on top of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts